Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Cross Becomes a Bridge



The Greatest Bridge
He was slain for all to see
Built a bridge fro you and me
There is a gap, no man can cross
Until a bridge is laid across

How can one life save another?
By making a way over empty water
Through him alone, we can be saved
From this world's overwhelming rage

With Just one purpose Jesus came
To save the life of every man
Slain on he cross because of you and me
Built the greatest bridge, one we can't see

We need to reach the other side
so take a step, out from behind
Begin your journey walk across
Fulfill the purpose Jesus had for us.
Written by Caleb Latella

6 comments:

  1. Great pictures of seatle, did you visit the space needle? I did, it is so cool being so high up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you encorporated the bridge with Jesus and how He died for all of us. Even if there was only one of us left jesus would have died for them. This reminded me of selflessness. I thought of your writing powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great poem, full of rhymes and alliteration. I think it would make a great song. You should think about putting music to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading! I can tell that so much thought and emotion was poured into this. I think you did a really good job. I agree with Basketball4life, you should consider putting music to this. It would sound really good. Or you can just leave it like it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That poem is awesome. I love the analagy of the bridge and Jesus. It was so true. God lays down the bridge but it is our choice to cross it. It also would be a great song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your feelings and thoughts really came out through this poem. It made it interesting because you could tell you put your heart and how you felt about God and your path with God into this poem. You chose very creative lanuguage that rhymed, which made it enjoyable to read. This poem really got me thinking about God as my bridge over the water. It was comforting to know he is that bridge, but he is an indestructable bridge. When the water gets rough, or a tsuami comes God will still stand strong over those waters, ready for you to safely take that next step.

    ReplyDelete